Designation of steel consists of:
the number of the European Standard;
and one of the two:
- the designation of steel according to EN 10027-1 and CR 10260 or
- the number of steel according to EN 10027-2
The designation of non-alloy steel:
- letter P for pressure purposes;
- the indicator of the minimum specified yield strength in the room temperature for wall thicknesses ≤ 16 mm expressed in MPa;
- letters GH for elevated temperature.
The designation of alloy steel 16Mo3 is indicated by the chemical composition.